Rifle and Pistol Shooting

 

The early years of the 20th century saw much activity on the part of Field Marshall Lord Roberts to establish a rifle club movement.  The Club, built between what is now Riverside Drive and Ham Fields, opened in May 1906 with a Garden Party.  During the1st World War it was used for army training and more than 24,000 recruits took their first course in firing there.  It is still a thriving club with regular guest mornings.

HomeHam - By LocationHam by TopicMemory BoardsMemories by SubjectMemories by Timeline