Dysart Arms (The Dysart)
Originally the Plough and Harrow it became the Dysart Arms in the 1830’s and was rebuilt in 1902. Jim Tyrell was landlord from 1954 to 1982. The pub was a favourite with Ranelagh Harriers Running Club and perhaps where the London Marathon was born. It is now regarded as a restaurant rather than a pub.
Fox and Duck
Originally an old timber framed building from the early 18th century. It was rebuilt in 1940 and now has regular live music.
Originally belonged to Manor Farm and became an inn in the 18th century. Two attached cottage were demolished in 1957 for the widening of Sandy Lane. It closed as a pub in 2011 but reopened in 2017 as the Ham Village Centre.
First reference was in the 1730’s to the original pub which was further along Ham St. In 1935 it was converted into shops (now the Ham General Stores) and the pub was rebuilt at 13-23 Ham St. The pub closed and was replaced by housing in the 1990’s.
The pub probably started as a retail outlet in the 1890’s. The current pub went up in 1934 replacing a building reckoned to be 400 years old.
This was built on the Wates Estate and opened in 1967. It was opened by the author A P Herbert who had written the book of the same name. It closed in 2005 and was replaced by a children’s nursery.
The current building was erected sometime in the mid-18th century on the site of the White Hart thought to have been there since the 1670’s. Originally called the New Inn, it was the Hobart Arms between1780 and 1820 before reverting to its current name. One of the earliest cycling organisations, the Bath Road Club was originally based here.
Hand and Flower
It began life as a beerhouse in 1861 and then became fully licensed. It has had several makeovers in the 21st century and currently has a Korean restaurant attached.
Fox and Goose
This began as a beer house in two former cottages in the 1870’s and did not get a spirit licence until 1959. It closed in 2002 and was converted back into two houses.